by SDFT | Jul 6, 2011 | Food Trucks in the Media, Truck News
Click here to view the great piece Sign on San Diego did about food trucks (click the link and then select “4SD-Food Trucks” from the list of videos). I love that they took the time to interview multiple trucks! Included are India on Wheels, Corner Cupcakes, Green Truck, and MIHO. It’s very well done, and I’m not just saying that because they mentioned my blog. 🙂 Congrats truckers!!!
by SDFT | May 26, 2011 | Food Trucks in the Media
Sign on San Diego posted a really cool video with a behind-the-scenes look at Mangia Mangia food truck. Click the image to view!
by SDFT | May 20, 2011 | Truck News, Upcoming Truck Events
Boomers is bringing 10 gourmet food trucks from Los Angeles to San Diego, and pairing them up with 10 San Diego gourmet food trucks! From May 20th – 22nd over 20 gourmet food trucks from both San Diego and Los Angeles counties will come together at Boomers!
The following lovely descriptive list of trucks is from this article at sdgln.com!
TRUCKS FROM LOS ANGELES:
- Grill ‘em All – A winning truck on Food Network’s “Great Food Truck Race” features heart-stopping but sinfully delicious grilled burgers.
- Lobsta Truck : Features New England fresh lobster and rolls, clam chowder and freshly squeezed lemonade.
- Tapa Boy : Serves up Filipino food on Filipino time! Options include authentic chicken, beef and pork dishes, along with extras, like hand rolls and fresh melon juice.
- Lomo Arigato : Peruvian and Japanese fusion creations by LA native of Japanese decent, Eric Nakata.
- Vesuvio : Features family recipes for authentic Italian food, with freshly baked bread and Italian sodas.
- Lee’s Philly : Boasting the best cheesesteaks this side of the Mississippi, they also feature fusion cheesesteaks, tacos and burritos.
- FrySmith : These French fries are the meal. Creations include options like the Raja Fries, served with fire-roasted poblano chiles, caramelized onions, shawarma-marinated steak, and smothered with Jack cheese.
- Ahn Joo : This mobile Korean pub includes favorites like house-made kimchee, robata skewers, noodle options, and spicy chicken.
- Tropical Shave Ice : Southern California’s first Hawaiian Shave Ice Truck serves over 20 flavors, including guava and combinations like Kainoa made with root beer, vanilla and banana syrups.
- Vizzi Truck : Serves “visionary cuisine” including white truffle popcorn, bacon grilled cheese, organic chickpea sliders and braised magyu beef sliders.
TRUCKS FROM SAN DIEGO:
- Chop Sooey : Culinary creations like BBQ pulled pork and riblets with baked beans, alongside other menu items like Jerk Chicken, Ahi tacos and tempura yams.
- Ms. Patty Melt : Sandwiches and hot dogs unlike any other, like the CA Fatty Patty, featuring Garbonzamole, sharp cheddar, bacon and sprouts, or the Tropical Dog with pineapple salsa, hot mustard, and crispy onions.
- Tabe BBQ : Serves a fusion of cultures in the form of a taco or burrito. Options include beer-battered fish with Maui salsa, and their secret Asian-inspired sauce (pictured).
- Sweet Treats Truck : This is not your ordinary ice cream truck. In addition to childhood favorite ice cream options, you can also find local desserts from vendors such as Cupcake love.
- Kalbi Q: Features items like spicy pork and chicken, fused into Mexican burritos, tacos, and carne asada fries.
- Food Junkies : They serve up street food with a flair and their menu options are constantly changing, so you are in for a surprise with these guys!
- Devilicious : Try sinfully delicious options like fried yumminess (pictured) in various forms, and special creations like Drunken Duck on a Truck, a wrap featuring velvet duck, habanero kimchee, agave mayo and crispy rice noodles.
- Super Q Food Truck : These guys boast having the best hickory-smoked BBQ culinary elements from North Carolina, Texas and St. Louis.
- SD Street Eats : Culinary creations from around the globe, like seared ahi, braised short ribs, and slow roasted pulled pork for under $10.
- India on Wheels : Get your authentic Indian street fix with a twist. Options include Tandoori Tikka grilled cheese and traditional classics like Chanaa Masala.
The Food Trucks & Fun weekend is:
- Friday, May 20, at 6999 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. in San Diego, 4-10pm
- Saturday, May 21, at 1155 Graves Ave. in El Cajon
- Sunday, May 22, 11 am-4 pm, 1525 W. Vista Way, Vista
Admission Fee: $5 per person includes $5 in game credits at Boomers that can be used towards mini-golf, go kart racing, video games and more. Parking will be based on a first-come, first serve basis.
Check out the Event Website
by SDFT | May 20, 2011 | Upcoming Truck Events
A $2 entry fee gets you access to all the food trucks plus the wine bar, music, art, and tables and chairs!
When: Friday, May 20. Starts at 5pm, ends when the food runs out.
Where: 57 Degrees Wine Bar, 1735 Hancock Street, 92101
Trucks in attendance:
- Bitchin Burgers (brand new truck!)
- Food Farm
- Sweet Treats
- Mangia Mangia
- India on Wheels
- The Gathering Spot
- Two for the Road
57 Degrees event webpage is here.
by SDFT | May 13, 2011 | Blog News/Updates
Hey folks! I can hear your collective tummies rumbling, but you’re gonna be on your own with food truck updates until next Thursday. It will be just like the old days!! I hope when I come back, the wild west hasn’t broken out on the Facebook page… or that someone has usurped SDFT with something much more flashy and cool. I like to think the simplicity of this blog is a rebellion against the colorful, hip, fancy blogs – we’re just about the facts, ma’m. (That and I don’t know how to make a cooler blog nor do I have time to learn.) But I digress. Happy eating, truck chasers!!