Where can you eat at one of the famous food trucks in San Diego during Comic Con?
Con-X Fan Experience by Entertainment Weekly
When: July 21-24, 2016
Location: Embarcadero Marina Park North
Free and open to the public!
Food trucks will be located in shaded, green outdoor areas.
Lineup: Kona Ice, Perky Beans Coffee, Sushi Uno, Frida’s Cocina, Mangia Mangia Mobile, Organic Food Truck, Chubby’s Food Truck
Food Truck Friday in Balboa Park
If you are visiting San Diego for the first time, you must visit Balboa Park! The best time to go is Friday during their weekly food truck gathering. Take an Uber or Lyft (new users get free rides using these links).
When: Friday, 4:30-8:30pm
Location: Plaza de Panama in Balboa Park
Petco Park Interactive Zone
When: Thursday-Saturday from 9:30am-7pm, and Sunday from 9:30am-5pm.
Lineup: Greenspan’s Grilled Cheese Food Truck, Currywurst Truck, Hello Kitty Truck, and more
Don’t Have a Car? Here’s a Great Food Idea
Face it, you can’t eat at a food truck for every meal…
Get food from San Diego’s best restaurants delivered directly to your hotel (or anywhere)! Go to Postmates and use code NXHFU to get $10 off your first delivery!
Some of our favorites available on Postmates: Crack Shack, Kebab Shop, Burger Lounge, The Mission, Cafe Gratitude, Ike’s Place, and many other great options!
Comic Con Locations:
- Perky Beans Coffee, Chubby’s, Mangia Mangia, Frida’s Cocina, Sushi Uno: Con-X Fan Experience by Entertainment Weekly, Embarcadero North til 10pm
- Super Q Food Truck: NerdHQ2016 at The Children’s Museum on W. Island
- Mastiff Sausage Co: Petco Park Interactive Zone Serving all day til 9pm.
Other San Diego lunch locations:
- Tabe BBQ: 4677 Overland Ave., 92123 from 11:30-1:30 pm
- Herb’n Donuts: Quartyard, East Village, 11-2pm
- My Urban Eats: 4810 Eastgate Mall, 11:30-1:30.
- Two for the road: 1130-1:30 at Illumina
This page is actively being updated so check back later!
Food trucks the Petco Interactive Zone:
Address: 11th & Imperial, in the Lexus Premiere Lot, just southeast of Petco. MAP
Hello Kitty Cafe
Wednesday, July 8: 6PM – 9PM
Thursday July 9: 9:30AM – 7PM
Friday July 10: 9:30AM – 7PM
Saturday July 11: 9:30AM – 7PM
Sunday July 12: 9:30AM – 5PM
Super Q Food Truck
Wednesday, July 8: 4:30PM – ?
Sunday, July 12: 9AM-6PM
Food Trucks at Children’s Museum:
Address: Across from the Convention Center
Wednesday, July: 5:30-?
Lineup: Grated Grilled Cheese, Super Q Food Truck
Visiting San Diego? Use these links for food & transportation discounts:
- Sign up for MOGL and get 10% off (or more) at many of restaurants near the Convention Center. Here’s more about how it works.
- If you’ve never used UBER before, use this link (or this code: 1ZD2C) to get your first $20 ride for free.
- In the Lyft app, use this code: KELLY62814 for $20 towards your first ride.
- Yes, these are all referral links!! 🙂
- July 18, 11:30am-3pm, the Elder Scrolls® Online Food Truck will be giving out free food, including sandwiches, chips, juice and frozen yogurt. First-come, first-served. You can follow them on Facebook or Twitter: @TESOnline. #ESOFoodtruck. There’s a video about the truck here.
- Super Q Food Truck, STUFFED, and Swieners will be at the Interactive Zone at Petco Park Thursday-Sunday, July 18-21, from 10am-9pm. The parking lot is just down from the pedestrian bridge crossing Harbor Drive.
- On Thursday, the 18th, there is a regularly scheduled Thursday food truck dinner gathering downtown from 5:30-9pm, just a 7-minute walk from the Convention Center. Directions are here. The current lineup is: New York on Rye, God Save the Cuisine, Slider House Co, Pierogi Truck, Crepes Bonaparte, White Rabbit Truck.
Check back to this page to see if there any other food truck developments!
Visiting San Diego during Comic Con? sign up for MOGL and save 10% at many food trucks, restaurants, and bars all over town, plus you get a $10 credit just for signing up — yup, $10 of free food. NO BRAINER!! There are lots of participating eateries near the Convention Center. It’s one of my favorite apps because I’ve saved a bunch of money without even trying! You can read more about why I love MOGL here.
Pictured: Super Q’s delicious pulled pork sandwich topped with mac n’ cheese
The past two years, there has been a good food truck presence at Comic-Con. I have not heard anything about this year’s schedule yet, but if you are going to be visiting San Diego and eating out ANYWHERE, I highly recommend signing up for and downloading the app MOGL. It gets you 10% back on LOTS and LOTS of restaurants and food trucks throughout San Diego, and you don’t have to check in or even know when you are dining at a participating restaurant. I’ve earned around $25 back without even trying!! Annnnd…. you get $10 free for signing up!
You can read even more about why I love MOGL here or just SIGN UP!
Check back here for updates on food truck events during Comic-Con! I will update this as soon as I get any details!!