by SDFT | Aug 19, 2011 | Upcoming Truck Events
Hot off the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club website!
Date: Saturday, August 20, 2011
Hours: Noon to 6:00 p.m., Gates open at Noon
Location: Seaside Concert area, West of grandstand.
See a map of the trucks’ locations on the grounds here.
Bring your appetite on Saturday, August 20, as some of the tastiest food on wheels comes to Del Mar. It’s the first annual Gourmet Food Truck Festival. Enjoy a variety of some of the hottest eats in Southern California as 40 gourmet food trucks with real chefs serve their eclectic bests, all in one location, from noon to 6:00 p.m. Free admission to the Food Truck area with paid racetrack admission of $6 for adults. Children under 18 are free.
Other activities include:
by SDFT | Jul 23, 2011 | Truck News, Upcoming Truck Events, Where are the trucks?
A “Food Truck Food Court” will be at San Diego Comic-Con this year, greatly increasing the number of dining/eating options at SDCC! Here are the details:
- Location: The lot located at the 1st/Island/2nd/J lot. Map.
- When: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
- Trucks will be selling from 10:00 am-10:00 pm, although most trucks will be gone by 8:00pm
- The entrance will be off 1st Ave, right next to the Comedy Central interactive park. Warner Brothers, Disney, and Comedy Central/South Park will also be doing projects in the lot.
- Important note–there is NO public parking in the lot.
- Super Q: Thursday- Sunday
- Chop Sooey: Thursday- Sunday
- Asian Persuasion: Thursday-Saturday
- Devilicious: Thursday-Saturday
- Two For The Road: Thursday-Saturday
- Flippin Pizza: Friday/Saturday
- Pierogi Truck: Thursday – Saturday
- Green Truck: Friday
- The Gooch: Friday
- Street Eats: Thursday – Saturday
- THIS LIST SUBJECT TO CHANGE!
SDfoodtrucks.com is proud to be the resource for all food truck info in San Diego. Check us out on Facebook and enjoy Comic-Con!
Visiting San Diego? Sign up for MOGL and get 10% back on tons of restaurants & food trucks plus $10 free!
by SDFT | Jul 13, 2011 | Upcoming Truck Events
When: Thursday, July 14 · 5:00pm – 9:00pm
Where: The San Diego LGBT Community Center, 3909 Centre Street, San Diego, CA
13 of San Diego’s finest Food Trucks return to The Center for a very special AIDS Walk & Run San Diego benefit.
Food Trucks donate funds, attendees contribute by purchasing beverages and there will be several opportunities for attendees to donate additional funds if they are able. 100% of the proceeds will go to AIDSWalk & Run San Diego.
The following Food Trucks are scheduled to attend:
- Super Q Food Truck
- Mangia Mangia Mobile
- MIHO Gastrotruck
- Green Truck
- Ms. PattyMelt
- Tabe BBQ
- The Gathering Spot BistroTruck
- SD StreetEats
- India On Wheels
- Two for the Road
- Sweet Treats
- Corner Cupcakes
Food Truck Fabulousness will benefit The Center’s AIDS Walk & Run San Diego Team. For more about AIDS Walk & Run or to register, visit www.aidswalksd.org.
by SDFT | Jun 30, 2011 | Upcoming Truck Events
Every Tuesday, Tabe BBQ has a handful of trucks at their location at 3690 Murphy Canyon Road. Parking is available at the Chevron car wash.
Different trucks are there every week; past lineups have included Asian Persuasion Food Truck, Super Q Food Truck, India on Wheels, Two For the Road, and of course Tabe BBQ. There are usually 3-5 trucks.
There’s a DJ playing music, tables, chairs, friendly people, and no entry fee! Please note this is a recurring event, so check Tabe’s Facebook or Twitter for more details the day of the event!
by SDFT | May 20, 2011 | Truck News, Upcoming Truck Events
Boomers is bringing 10 gourmet food trucks from Los Angeles to San Diego, and pairing them up with 10 San Diego gourmet food trucks! From May 20th – 22nd over 20 gourmet food trucks from both San Diego and Los Angeles counties will come together at Boomers!
The following lovely descriptive list of trucks is from this article at sdgln.com!
TRUCKS FROM LOS ANGELES:
- Grill ‘em All – A winning truck on Food Network’s “Great Food Truck Race” features heart-stopping but sinfully delicious grilled burgers.
- Lobsta Truck : Features New England fresh lobster and rolls, clam chowder and freshly squeezed lemonade.
- Tapa Boy : Serves up Filipino food on Filipino time! Options include authentic chicken, beef and pork dishes, along with extras, like hand rolls and fresh melon juice.
- Lomo Arigato : Peruvian and Japanese fusion creations by LA native of Japanese decent, Eric Nakata.
- Vesuvio : Features family recipes for authentic Italian food, with freshly baked bread and Italian sodas.
- Lee’s Philly : Boasting the best cheesesteaks this side of the Mississippi, they also feature fusion cheesesteaks, tacos and burritos.
- FrySmith : These French fries are the meal. Creations include options like the Raja Fries, served with fire-roasted poblano chiles, caramelized onions, shawarma-marinated steak, and smothered with Jack cheese.
- Ahn Joo : This mobile Korean pub includes favorites like house-made kimchee, robata skewers, noodle options, and spicy chicken.
- Tropical Shave Ice : Southern California’s first Hawaiian Shave Ice Truck serves over 20 flavors, including guava and combinations like Kainoa made with root beer, vanilla and banana syrups.
- Vizzi Truck : Serves “visionary cuisine” including white truffle popcorn, bacon grilled cheese, organic chickpea sliders and braised magyu beef sliders.
TRUCKS FROM SAN DIEGO:
- Chop Sooey : Culinary creations like BBQ pulled pork and riblets with baked beans, alongside other menu items like Jerk Chicken, Ahi tacos and tempura yams.
- Ms. Patty Melt : Sandwiches and hot dogs unlike any other, like the CA Fatty Patty, featuring Garbonzamole, sharp cheddar, bacon and sprouts, or the Tropical Dog with pineapple salsa, hot mustard, and crispy onions.
- Tabe BBQ : Serves a fusion of cultures in the form of a taco or burrito. Options include beer-battered fish with Maui salsa, and their secret Asian-inspired sauce (pictured).
- Sweet Treats Truck : This is not your ordinary ice cream truck. In addition to childhood favorite ice cream options, you can also find local desserts from vendors such as Cupcake love.
- Kalbi Q: Features items like spicy pork and chicken, fused into Mexican burritos, tacos, and carne asada fries.
- Food Junkies : They serve up street food with a flair and their menu options are constantly changing, so you are in for a surprise with these guys!
- Devilicious : Try sinfully delicious options like fried yumminess (pictured) in various forms, and special creations like Drunken Duck on a Truck, a wrap featuring velvet duck, habanero kimchee, agave mayo and crispy rice noodles.
- Super Q Food Truck : These guys boast having the best hickory-smoked BBQ culinary elements from North Carolina, Texas and St. Louis.
- SD Street Eats : Culinary creations from around the globe, like seared ahi, braised short ribs, and slow roasted pulled pork for under $10.
- India on Wheels : Get your authentic Indian street fix with a twist. Options include Tandoori Tikka grilled cheese and traditional classics like Chanaa Masala.
The Food Trucks & Fun weekend is:
- Friday, May 20, at 6999 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. in San Diego, 4-10pm
- Saturday, May 21, at 1155 Graves Ave. in El Cajon
- Sunday, May 22, 11 am-4 pm, 1525 W. Vista Way, Vista
Admission Fee: $5 per person includes $5 in game credits at Boomers that can be used towards mini-golf, go kart racing, video games and more. Parking will be based on a first-come, first serve basis.
Check out the Event Website